In most states, the statute of limitations on student loan debt is 10 years. That doesn't mean you should wait for them to fall off. Missing payments seriously hurts your score, but if it is reported inaccurately, you can dispute it. DIY disputes & credit repair is tough. It's easier (& less hassle) w/help from a pro like Credit Glory.
What is the statute of limitations on student loans (& how do they affect your credit)?
While there's no statute of limitations on federal student loans, there is on private student loans. However, the statute of limitations varies on the state. In some cases, it's up to 10 years. That doesn't mean you should stop paying them and wait for them to go away.
Why? Defaulting on your student loans means big trouble for your credit score. Late or missed payments can sink your credit by 100 points — or more! So what can you do to protect your credit?
Could your negative items (like student loan debt) be reported inaccurately?
Unfortunately, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) claims that 20% of all reports contain (at least) 1 error! The penalty for negative items is a damaged credit score, which can wreak havoc on your financial future. How can you protect yourself? Your best weapon to hold creditors accountable is a dispute. That's where a credit repair expert (like Credit Glory) can make the process super easy.
What you can do to remove inaccurate student loan debt from your credit report (& help your score)
Dealing with a student loan debt is scary. Luckily, you have options for removing mistakes and protecting your credit. So what can you do?
- Check your credit report for errors - Finding inaccuracies on your credit report means knowing what to look for. Be sure to double-check personal info, account details, & balance accuracy.
- Ask for verification - If you think a negative mark is on your report in error, have it verified. If the collection agency can't provide evidence, you have grounds to dispute it.
- Write a dispute letter - Sending a dispute letter to the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, TransUnion, & Experian) is your next course of action. Be sure to include what you are disputing, support your evidence for having it removed, and ask them to remove it.
- Work with a credit repair company - A simpler alternative to DIY credit improvement is partnering with a credit repair company. Credit experts — like Credit Glory — identify errors and dispute them for you. Making the process easier (& less of a hassle).
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs. DIY?
Removing your credit report's errors helps improve your credit, so you qualify for better financial offers in the future. However, DIY credit repair is a headache (& time-consuming). Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing inaccurate collections (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 90-day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Start building better credit (& boost your score) w/help from Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals are here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!
Get Your Student Loans Professionally Removed
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (833) 990-2003 or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that helps everyday Americans remove inaccurate, incomplete, unverifiable, unauthorized, or fraudulent negative items from their credit report. Their primary goal is empowering consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2020 and beyond.