Having a lien on your property isn't good. Creditors can legally seize your property to collect an unpaid debt. That may lead to foreclosure or bankruptcy, which is bad news for your credit. Luckily, you can start repairing your credit by disputing errors. While DIY credit repair is an option, it's easier w/help from a pro like Credit Glory.
Why is there a lien on my property?
A lien gives a creditor legal rights over your property to collect unpaid debt. If you fail to pay a contractor for work or fall behind on your mortgage, you might have a lien put on your property. This means you can't sell or refinance your property until the lien is cleared. That's not even the worst part!
Can you lose your property because of a lien?
Since liens are legal claims backed by courts, creditors can seize your property to collect unpaid debts. Facing foreclosure or repossession is stressful, but the worst part? It has a serious impact on your credit score. Not good!
How do liens affect my credit score?
While a lien itself may not show up on your credit report, they do affect your credit score. Payment history makes up 35% of your credit score, and having a lien filed against you potentially means:
- Additional debt
- Even bankruptcy
These can drop your score by up to 100 points! The worst part? They stay on your credit report for up to 7 years.
Can liens be removed from your credit report?
As of 2020, tax liens and judgments won't appear on your credit report, but debts, foreclosures, and bankruptcies still do. While you can't remove verified negative marks on your credit report, you still have options for protecting your credit.
- Negotiate a settlement - If a lien results in a debt, you may be able to negotiate a settlement with the collection agency. Agreeing to pay a partial settlement or the debt in full may get the mark removed, but be sure to get everything in writing first.
- Dispute errors on your credit report - If a debt, foreclosure, or bankruptcy shows up on your credit report as an error, you have the right to dispute it. Disputing unverified debt yourself means contacting credit bureaus, which is a lengthy process.
- Partner with a credit repair expert - Checking your credit report for errors and disputing them yourself is challenging. Working with a credit repair expert (like Credit Glory) is an easier alternative to fixing your credit yourself.
Bottom line (& why it matters for you)
While you can check your credit, look for errors, and dispute them yourself, it takes time (& hard work). Looking for an easier alternative (that's less hassle)? Consider working with a credit repair expert — like Credit Glory. They do the work for you, so you don't have to.
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs DIY?
Removing inaccurate liens (& other errors) helps improve your credit (& boost your score). DIY credit repair is a headache. Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing tax liens (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 100% money-back guarantee (if no errors are removed in the first 90 days).
Bounce back from a lien w/help from Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!
Get Your Negative Items Professionally Removed
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (833) 958-1271 or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that helps everyday Americans remove inaccurate, incomplete, unverifiable, unauthorized, or fraudulent negative items from their credit report. Their primary goal is empowering consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2020 and beyond.