Involuntary liens happen when a creditor takes you to court over debt and wins. This can mean bad news for your credit & lead to collections or even bankruptcy. Fortunately, you can start rebuilding your credit after a lien. The easiest way? By teaming up with a credit repair pro (like Credit Glory).
What are involuntary liens (& why are they bad news for your credit)?
Unlike a voluntary lien (like a mortgage), involuntary liens can are often the result of unpaid debt. Involuntary liens are issued when a creditor successfully sues you to recover money you owe. Common types of involuntary liens include:
- Tax liens
- Mechanic's liens
- Judgment liens
An involuntary lien is bad news for your credit. While the lien itself won't appear on your credit report, liens can lead to collections, foreclosure, or even bankruptcy. These can sink your credit score by over 100 points, leaving you stuck with poor credit. Luckily, you have options for protecting your credit.
Could your negative items (like liens) be reported inaccurately?
Unfortunately, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) claims that 20% of all reports contain (at least) 1 error! The penalty for negative items is a damaged credit score, which can wreak havoc on your financial future. How can you protect yourself? Your best weapon to hold creditors accountable is a dispute. That's where a credit repair expert (like Credit Glory) can make the process super easy.
Can liens be removed from your credit report?
As of 2020, liens and judgments won't appear on your credit report, but debts, foreclosures, and bankruptcies still do. While you can't remove verified negative marks on your credit report, you still have options for protecting your credit.
- Negotiate a settlement - If a lien results in a debt, you may be able to negotiate a settlement with the collection agency. Agreeing to pay a partial settlement or the debt in full may get the mark removed, but be sure to get everything in writing first.
- Dispute errors on your credit report - If a debt, foreclosure, or bankruptcy shows up on your credit report as an error, you have the right to dispute it. Disputing unverified debt yourself means contacting credit bureaus, which is a lengthy process.
- Partner with a credit repair expert - Checking your credit report for errors and disputing them yourself is challenging. Working with a credit repair expert (like Credit Glory) is an easier alternative to fixing your credit yourself.
Bottom line (& why it matters for you)
While you can check your credit, look for errors, and dispute them yourself, it takes time (& hard work). Looking for an easier alternative (that's less hassle)? Consider working with a credit repair expert — like Credit Glory. They do the work for you, so you don't have to.
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs DIY?
Removing mistakes (& other errors) helps improve your credit (& boost your score). DIY credit repair is a headache. Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing tax liens (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 100% money-back guarantee (if no errors are removed in the first 90 days).
Bounce back from an involuntary lien w/help from Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!
Get Your Negative Items Professionally Removed
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (833) 958-1271 or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that helps everyday Americans remove inaccurate, incomplete, unverifiable, unauthorized, or fraudulent negative items from their credit report. Their primary goal is empowering consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2020 and beyond.