Judgment liens are bad news for your credit. While the statute of limitations varies by state — they can stay on your credit report for up to 7 years! Can you remove them early? You can if they're inaccurate. Finding and removing errors yourself is tough. The easiest way? W/help from a credit repair pro like Credit Glory.
What is a judgment lien (& how long does it stay on your credit)?
Missing payments isn't good, and if you miss too many, you could be looking at a judgment lien. This happens when you get so far behind, that a court gives a collector the right to seize your property. Not good. How (& how long) do judgment liens affect your credit score?
Liens have a serious impact on your credit score. While the statute of limitations on judgment liens varies depending on the state, they often stay on for up to 7 years. It gets even worse. You could even face wage garnishment or have your property seized!
Can you remove judgments from your credit report?
While you can't dispute accurate judgment liens, you can dispute errors on your report. Finding inaccuracies can be tricky, so what do you look for? Common areas to check for errors include:
- Personal information
- Inaccuracies w/account status
- Fraudulent accounts
- Balance errors
- Data mistakes
Finding these errors is tricky (& time-consuming). Working with a credit repair expert (like Credit Glory) simplifies the process.
Could your negative items (like judgment liens) be reported inaccurately?
Unfortunately, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) claims that 20% of all reports contain (at least) 1 error! The penalty for negative items is a damaged credit score, which can wreak havoc on your financial future. How can you protect yourself? Your best weapon to hold creditors accountable is a dispute. That's where a credit repair expert (like Credit Glory) can make the process super easy.
What you can do to remove judgments from your credit report (& help your credit)
Dealing with a judgment is scary. Luckily, you have options for removing them and protecting your credit. So what can you do?
- Appeal for a vacated judgment - Appealing for a vacated judgment is one option for removing a judgment. If the debt collector failed to follow the law or proper legal procedures, the case could be dismissed. However, the appeals process often takes several months.
- Request validation (& dispute errors yourself) - You have the right to dispute inaccuracies on your credit report. If you request validation for the judgment & found errors, your next step is to dispute them. Yet DIY credit repair can be a headache (& time-consuming).
- Work with a credit repair professional - Looking for errors & disputing a judgment yourself is stressful. Improving your credit with professional help is less of a hassle than DIY. Credit repair experts (like Credit Glory) know what to look for, making the dispute process easier (& faster).
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs DIY?
Removing judgment liens (& other errors) helps improve your credit (& boost your score). DIY credit repair is a headache. Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing tax liens (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 100% money-back guarantee (if no errors are removed in the first 90 days).
Start on the path to better credit w/help from Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!