Verified Collections Expert
Learn the pros & cons of 604 dispute letters and if they're effective. Find out how disputing errors w/Credit Glory’s help is fast (& easy).
604 dispute letters are one way you can try and improve your credit. The easiest way? Working with a reputable credit repair company like Credit Glory. They identify and dispute errors on your credit report for you (boosting your score!).
What is a 604 dispute letter?
Negative items hurt your credit, but if you have checked your credit report and found errors, a dispute letter can get them removed. A 604 dispute letter asks credit bureaus to remove errors from your report that fall under section 604 of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). While it might take some time, it's a viable option to protect your credit and improve your score.
Common errors to look for
While you can't dispute verified debts, you can dispute errors on your report. Finding inaccuracies can be tricky, so what do you look for? Common areas to check for errors include:
- Inaccuracies w/account status
So how can a 604 dispute letter help, and how effective is it?
A 604 dispute letter can be a good strategy for removing errors hurting your credit score. Here are some of the ways it can help:
- Easy to do - Writing a 604 dispute letter is easy, and you get one sent in very little time. You can even find templates online to help you get started.
- Credit agencies have to investigate - The FCRA requires credit bureaus to investigate your claim w/in 30 days. Once the investigation is over, you should see the results w/in 5 days.
- Can get negative items removed - If credit bureaus find the items you identified as inaccurate, they remove them. Removing errors improves your credit, giving you a better score.
However, dispute letters don't always guarantee success. You might find:
- The debt gets verified - What you thought was an error could get verified by credit bureaus. That means the negative mark stays on your credit report.
- It's a long process - If you're applying for a loan and are on a deadline, a month is a long time. Waiting for the investigation to finish can put a wrench in your plans.
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs DIY?
Removing inaccurate collections (& other errors) helps improve your credit (& boost your score). DIY credit repair is a headache. Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing inaccurate collections (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 100% money-back guarantee (if no errors are removed in the first 90 days).
Boost your score with Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!