Writing a letter to remove items from your credit report is tough. You need to search your credit report for errors, make a case, and wait. Looking for an easier alternative to DIY credit repair? Work with a credit expert like Credit Glory means less hassle (& no headache).
What is a dispute letter (& why should you write one)?
A dispute letter identifies inaccurate items on your credit report, shows why they're inaccurate, and asks to have them removed. If the inaccurate items can't be verified, credit bureaus remove them. Luckily, you can remove errors on your report (& boost your score) by writing a dispute letter. Why should you should write one?
There's a good chance mistakes on your credit report could be dragging down your score. According to the FTC, 1 in 5 people have errors hurting their credit. Writing a dispute letter is one way to have these inaccuracies removed. However, DIY credit repair is a long, challenging process and it's often easier with help from a credit repair pro like Credit Glory.
What are common credit report errors you should look for?
While you can't dispute accurate items, you can dispute errors on your report. Finding inaccuracies can be tricky, so what do you look for? Common areas to check for errors include:
- Personal information
- Inaccuracies w/account status
- Fraudulent accounts
- Balance errors
- Data mistakes
So what should you include in a dispute letter?
What you should have in your dispute letter?
If your letter doesn't make a strong case or is missing information, it may not work. When writing a dispute letter, be sure to include:
- Basic Info - This includes your name, contact info, & account details.
- Proof of ID - Part of the dispute process is confirming your identity and showing why the mark is not yours. Your letter should also have your full name, DOB, SSN, current mailing address, & relevant items identified.
- Specific references & language - Be sure to reference specific areas of section 609 when making your case. Each portion is separated by upper & lower case letters and numbers.
- A strong CTA - Clearly state what you want your letter to do (verify info or remove errors) & the time frame for when you expect results. Don't be afraid to use language that reinforces the importance of the situation.
Writing a letter and disputing errors is a long (& tough) process — but it can be done. If you are looking for an easier way to find and dispute mistakes on your credit report, team up with a pro like Credit Glory.
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs DIY?
Removing negative items helps improve your credit (& boost your score). DIY credit repair is a headache. Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing inaccurate collections (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 100% money-back guarantee (if no errors are removed in the first 90 days).
Dispute mistakes easily with help from Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!