Negative items hurt your credit score, but they aren't always accurate. Luckily, you can improve your credit (& boost your score) by disputing them. One way is to write a 609 dispute letter. An easier way to dispute errors? Partnering with a credit repair pro like Credit Glory.
What is a 609 dispute letter (& why should you write one)?
It’s no secret negative items hurt your credit score — but if they aren't accurate, you can dispute them. One way to dispute them is by writing a 609 dispute letter. 609 refers to the section of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Under section 609, you have the right to information in your credit report and the source of that info.
Disputing inaccurate items is important for protecting your credit (& boosts your score). Having healthy credit means better lending options and access to lower interest rates. However, finding and disputing mistakes yourself is tough (& time-consuming). Partnering with an experienced credit repair pro — like Credit Glory — is an easier alternative.
Common errors to look for
While you can't dispute verified debts, you can dispute errors on your report. Finding inaccuracies can be tricky, so what do you look for? Common areas to check for errors include:
- Personal information
- Inaccuracies w/account status
- Fraudulent accounts
- Balance errors
- Data mistakes
So what should you include in a 609 dispute letter?
What you should have in your 609 dispute letter
If your letter doesn't make a strong case or is missing information, it may not work. When writing a 609 dispute letter, be sure to include:
- Basic Info - This includes your name, contact info, & account details.
- Proof of ID - Part of the dispute process is confirming your identity and showing why the mark is not yours. Your letter should also have your full name, DOB, SSN, current mailing address, & relevant items identified.
- Specific references & language - Be sure to reference specific areas of section 609 when making your case. Each portion is separated by upper & lower case letters and numbers.
- A strong CTA - Clearly state what you want your letter to do (verify info or remove errors) & the time frame for when you expect results. Don't be afraid to use language that reinforces the importance of the situation.
Writing a 609 letter and disputing errors is a long (& tough) process — but it can be done. If you're looking for an easier way to find and dispute mistakes on your credit report, team up with a pro like Credit Glory.
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs DIY?
Removing negative items helps improve your credit (& boost your score). DIY credit repair is a headache. Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing inaccurate collections (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 100% money-back guarantee (if no errors are removed in the first 90 days).
Dispute errors easily with help from Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!