Removing student loans from your credit report is a smart decision. While it's not an easy thing to do, it is possible. If they're in collections, your score will drop up to 100 points for seven years (unless removed). Getting new credit cards, cars, or home, may be impossible.
There are five (5) strategies to remove student loans from your credit report. You can:
- Write a Goodwill letter to the creditor requesting forgiveness
- Negotiate to pay the debt off early in return for it being deleted from your credit
- Send a dispute challenging the loan’s validity and accuracy
- Claim identity theft (if you’re a real victim) and send an FTC dispute with a police report attached to guarantee removal
- Have a credit repair company dispute on your behalf, handling the complexities for you
Get Your Student Loans Professionally Removed
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (800-807-4388) or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that helps everyday Americans remove inaccurate, incomplete, unverifiable, unauthorized, or fraudulent negative items from their credit report. Their primary goal is empowering consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2020 and beyond.