Property liens are bad news — especially for your credit score. Fortunately, there are ways to find out if there's a lien on your property. What about rebuilding your credit? While you can repair your credit yourself, it's time-consuming (& a headache). The easiest option is teaming up w/a pro like Credit Glory.
What is a property lien (& what does it mean for your credit)?
Falling behind on your bills is bad news, & having a lien on your property makes it even more stressful. Why? Liens give creditors the legal right to seize your property to collect unpaid debts. Not only does having a lien against you make selling or refinancing your property harder, but it also hurts your credit.
While a lien itself may not show up on your credit report, they do affect your credit score. Payment history makes up 35% of your credit score, which means liens can affect you as a foreclosure or even bankruptcy! Not good. So how do you find out if you are dealing w/a property lien?
Can you find out if there is a lien on your property?
Yes, you can. Liens are public records, which means finding out if there is one against you is easier than you think. So how do you do it? Here are a few of the ways you can find out if you are dealing w/a lien.
- Do an online search - An easy place to start is by searching the county clerk, assessor's, or recorder's office. You can find records by searching for your name or address.
- Go to the office in person - Not every county provides records online. If that is the case, you can request information at the office in person.
- Work with a title company - If you're still having trouble, you can hire a title company to find it for you.
How to remove a lien from your credit report
As of 2020, tax liens and judgments won't appear on your credit report, but debts, foreclosures, and bankruptcies still do. While you can't remove verified negative marks on your credit report, you still have options for protecting your credit.
- Negotiate a settlement - If a lien results in a debt, you may be able to negotiate a settlement with the collection agency. Agreeing to pay a partial settlement or the debt in full may get the mark removed, but be sure to get everything in writing first.
- Dispute errors on your credit report - If a debt, foreclosure, or bankruptcy shows up on your credit report as an error, you have the right to dispute it. Disputing unverified debt yourself means contacting credit bureaus, which is a lengthy process.
- Partner with a credit repair expert - Checking your credit report for errors and disputing them yourself is challenging. Working with a credit repair expert (like Credit Glory) is an easier alternative to fixing your credit yourself.
DIY or professional credit repair?
While you can check your credit, look for errors, and dispute them yourself, it takes time (& hard work). Looking for an easier alternative (that's less hassle)? Consider working with a credit repair expert — like Credit Glory. They do the work for you, so you don't have to.
Start on the path to better credit w/help from Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!
Get Your Negative Items Professionally Removed
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (833) 958-1271 or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that helps everyday Americans remove inaccurate, incomplete, unverifiable, unauthorized, or fraudulent negative items from their credit report. Their primary goal is empowering consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2020 and beyond.