An unexpected judgment does serious damage to your credit. There are ways to find out if there is a judgment against you, but what about your credit? 70% of judgments are awarded in error, luckily you can dispute mistakes. DIY credit repair is an option, but it's easier w/help from a reputable credit repair company (like Credit Glory).
How to check if there is a judgment against you
Since judgments are public record, you're supposed to receive notice, usually in the mail. However, if you changed your address or it got lost, you might not know until it's too late. How do you know if there's a judgment against you?
- You get a wage garnishment notice
- There's a freeze on your bank account
- Check with the courts
- You get contacted by a collection agency
- Finding it on your credit report
How judgments affect your credit
Having a judgment on your credit report is bad news for your credit score — and your finances. Judgments tank your score and stay on your credit report for 7 years. And that's not even the worst part! You can have your wages garnished — or face liens on your property. Not good!
How to fight a judgment against you (& help your credit)
Dealing with a judgment is scary. Luckily, you have options for removing them and protecting your credit. So what can you do?
- Appeal for a vacated judgment - Appealing for a vacated judgment is one option for removing a judgment. If the debt collector failed to follow the law or proper legal procedures, the case could be dismissed. However, the appeals process often takes several months.
- Request validation (& dispute errors yourself) - You have the right to dispute inaccuracies on your credit report. If you request validation for the judgment & found errors, your next step is to dispute them. Yet DIY credit repair can be a headache (& time-consuming).
- Work with a credit repair professional - Looking for errors & disputing a judgment yourself is stressful. Improving your credit with professional help is less of a hassle than DIY. Credit repair experts (like Credit Glory) know what to look for, making the dispute process easier (& faster).
DIY or professional credit repair: What's easier for you?
While you can check your credit, look for errors, and dispute them yourself, it takes time (& hard work). Looking for an easier alternative (that's less hassle)? Consider working with a credit repair expert — like Credit Glory. They do the work for you, so you don't have to.
Avoid the headache of DIY credit repair with help from Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals are here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!
Get Your Negative Items Professionally Removed
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (833) 958-1271 or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that helps everyday Americans remove inaccurate, incomplete, unverifiable, unauthorized, or fraudulent negative items from their credit report. Their primary goal is empowering consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2020 and beyond.