Judgments are bad news, & can lead to liens or wage garnishment. Not good! Depending on the debt, you can avoid judgment by filing for bankruptcy. While it clears the debt, it hurts your credit score. Luckily, you can start rebuilding your credit w/help from a pro like Credit Glory.
Will filing for bankruptcy wipe away a judgment?
A judgment happens when a creditor takes you to court over unpaid debt. Judgments are bad news. They give creditors the legal right to recover the debt, which can lead to liens on your property — or worse!
If you're facing a judgment it might feel like you don't have a lot of options. However, one option is filing for bankruptcy. Depending on the debt, bankruptcy can clear what you owe. While this prevents creditors from collecting on a judgment, it still impacts your credit score.
What does bankruptcy mean for your credit score?
Filing for bankruptcy does long-lasting, serious damage to your credit report. Not only can it tank your score by as much as 200 points — it stays on for up to 10 years! Poor credit makes qualifying for loans & lines of credit challenging. The one's available often come with higher (& expensive) interest rates. Luckily, there are ways you can start rebuilding your credit.
What you can do to rebuild your credit after bankruptcy
If you discharge a judgment by filing for bankruptcy, it's important to start repairing your credit. How do you do it? You can start building healthier credit by:
- Monitor your credit - Keeping an eye on your credit is an essential step in rebuilding it. It helps you track any progress you make as well as helps you quickly identify any errors and inaccuracies.
- Verify information - According to the FTC, 20% of the population has at least one error on their credit report. Inaccurate negative marks hurt your score. That's why it's important to verify info on your report.
- Check your credit report for errors - Before you can dispute an error, you have to find it first. You can find common errors in personal info, account status, and balance & data mistakes.
- Dispute inaccuracies - Once you have found errors, you can dispute them. This means gathering evidence, writing a dispute letter to all 3 credit bureaus, & waiting.
Bottom line (& next steps)
While you can check your credit, look for errors, and dispute them yourself, it takes time (& hard work). Looking for an easier alternative? Consider working with a credit repair expert — like Credit Glory. They do the work for you, so you don't have to.
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs DIY?
Removing inaccurate negative items helps improve your credit (& boost your score). DIY credit repair is a headache. Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing inaccurate collections (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 100% money-back guarantee (if no errors are removed in the first 90 days).
Start building your credit (& your score) w/help from Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!
Get Your Negative Items Professionally Removed
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (833) 958-1271 or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that helps everyday Americans remove inaccurate, incomplete, unverifiable, unauthorized, or fraudulent negative items from their credit report. Their primary goal is empowering consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2020 and beyond.