There are 3 ways to remove medical collections from your credit report: 1) Send a goodwill letter asking for relief, 2) Negotiate to delete the reporting of the medical bill in return for payment (also called a Pay For Delete), 3) dispute the account until it’s removed.
The best way to remove medical collections is to follow this step-by-step process:
- Write and send a goodwill letter asking for relief (explain your situation)
- Call and attempt to negotiate a deletion in return for payment (Pay for Delete)
- Mail the collector asking for proof of your debt
- File a dispute (online or by mail) with Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax to verify the account
- If none of the above work, decide if paying is worth it (remember: it doesn’t help your score)
Get Your Medical Bills Professionally Removed
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (855) 938-3044 or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that helps everyday Americans remove inaccurate, incomplete, unverifiable, unauthorized, or fraudulent negative items from their credit report. Their primary goal is empowering consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2020 and beyond.