There are 3 ways to go about getting medical bills removed from your credit report: 1) send a goodwill letter asking for relief, 2) negotiate to delete the reporting of the medical bill in return for payment (also called a Pay For Delete), 3) send disputes challenging the debt.
The best ways to get medical bills removed from your credit report:
- Write and send a goodwill letter asking for relief (explain your situation)
- Call and attempt to negotiate a deletion in return for payment (Pay for Delete)
- Mail the collector asking for proof of your debt
- File a dispute (online or by mail) with Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax to verify the account
- If none of the above work, decide if paying is worth it (remember: it doesn’t help your score)
Get Your Medical Bills Professionally Removed
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (866-971-6607) or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.