Getting contacted about a debt you don't owe is stressful. Luckily, you have options. Writing an FDCPA demand letter disputing the unverified debt is one of them. Any easier alternative? Working w/a credit repair expert like Credit Glory.
What is an FDCPA demand letter (& why should you write one)?
No one likes getting harassed over debts — especially if they aren't yours. If you want debt collectors to stop contacting you about inaccurate debts (& dispute them), an FDCPA demand letter is an option. An FDCPA demand letter disputes a debt and demands collection agencies stop contacting you.
Disputing inaccurate items is essential for protecting your credit (& boosts your score). Having healthy credit means better lending options and access to lower interest rates. However, finding and disputing mistakes yourself is tough (& time-consuming). Partnering with an experienced credit repair pro — like Credit Glory — is an easier alternative.
Common errors to look for
While you can't dispute verified debts, you can dispute errors on your report. Finding inaccuracies can be tricky, so what do you look for? Common areas to check for errors include:
- Personal information
- Inaccuracies w/account status
- Fraudulent accounts
- Balance errors
- Data mistakes
So what should you include in an FDCPA demand letter?
What you should have in your FDCPA demand letter
If your letter doesn't make a strong case or is missing information, it may not work. When writing an FDCPA demand letter, be sure to include:
- Basic Info - This includes your name, contact info, & account details.
- Proof of ID - Part of the dispute process confirms your identity and shows why the mark is not yours. Your letter should also have your full name, DOB, SSN, current mailing address, & relevant items identified.
- Specific references & language - Be sure to reference specific sections of the FDCPA when making your case. Each portion is separated by upper & lower case letters and numbers.
- A strong CTA - Clearly state what you want your letter to do (verify info or remove errors) & the time frame for when you expect results. Don't be afraid to use language that reinforces the importance of the situation.
Writing an FDCPA demand letter and disputing errors is a long (& tough) process — but it can be done. If you're looking for an easier way to find and dispute your credit report mistakes, team up with a pro like Credit Glory.
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs DIY?
Removing negative items helps improve your credit (& boost your score). DIY credit repair is a headache. Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing inaccurate debts (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 100% money-back guarantee (if no errors are removed in the first 90 days).
Dispute errors easily with help from Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!