myFICO has an A+ rating with the BBB. They have been helping their customers keep an eye on their credit since 1950. These alerts let customers fix problems. Want to get the most from credit monitoring? Team up w/ a reputable credit repair expert — like Credit Glory — then you're equipped to squash credit problems (fast)!
What does myFICO do (& are their services legit)?
If you're looking for a loan, you need to know your credit score. Credit monitoring helps you get accurate credit information, which you can use to fix any inaccuracies. Choosing the right company is essential, and it's important to use one that's reputable. myFICO offers credit monitoring services, but are they legit (& accurate)? Customer reviews give it high marks (4.8/5 stars on the Apple Store).
myFICO can identify errors, but they can't fix them. So what's the best way to improve your credit (& boost your score)?
The easiest way is working with a reputable credit repair company (like Credit Glory). They help you dispute and resolve any inaccuracies on your report identified by myFICO. That way, you can improve your credit (& boost your score) to get the best rates (& save money).
3 critical items you need to consider before monitoring your credit
1. If you aren't monitoring your credit, you need to be.
If you're planning on getting a loan you need to know your credit score first. Using credit monitoring tells you your score — and it also alerts you when there are changes. Knowing about potential identity theft, fraud, or data breaches prevents your credit score from taking serious hits. Additionally, knowing your score helps you set goals and plan, so you can get a low rate (& great deal) on a loan.
2. Don't get scammed by illegitimate credit monitoring services.
Credit monitoring at a low price (or free) sounds like a deal, right? Wrong, this is a big red flag that it may be a scam. You also encounter another (big) reason to proceed with caution. Signing up for a credit monitoring service involves sharing sensitive information. What can you do for security?
The best way to protect yourself (& your identity) is looking for common red flags. A few are:
- Asking for personal information over the phone or email.
- Requiring payment through money order or gift cards.
- Poor ratings or customer reviews with an accredited agency (like the BBB).
Last, and certainly not least, do your due diligence. Anytime you fork over personal information to a company you need to research the company & verify credibility. The good news? You're reading this review, so you're too smart to be grifted by con-artists.
3. An essential (& commonly overlooked) component of credit monitoring: identity protection (& does myFICO offer it?)
Good credit requires more than just monitoring. A critical component? Identity Protection. Without ID protection fraudsters could wreck your credit in the blink of an eye. In fact, according to the FTC, 9 million identities are stolen every year! The bottom line? You need identity protection w/ your credit monitoring package.
The good news? myFICO does include ID protection in their plan. With this crucial component, you have more comprehensive monitoring. myFICO's includes $1 million ID theft insurance & ID restoration in all three of their plans. In contrast, their advanced and premier services include more features.
What's the verdict on myFICO — legit or scam?
- Can you sign up for free? - myFICO offers three monthly plans: Basic ($19.95), Advanced ($29.95), and Premier ($39.95).
- Is it safe to monitor credit with myFICO? - myFICO is highly rated with an A+ rating and accreditation from the BBB.
- Do they offer an app? - myFICO provides an app for both Apple and Android operating systems.
- Is there a cost to cancel? - There's no cost to cancel your subscription.
- Do they include ID protection? - All three plans include ID theft insurance and ID restoration. Their advanced and premier plans also feature lost wallet protection and ID theft monitoring.
- What makes myFICO special? - Credit monitoring across all three bureaus (Experian, TransUnion, & Equifax), ID protection, mobile app, access to FICO score, analysis of 28 common versions of your FICO score.
- Will checking my credit score with myFICO lower my score? - Using myFICO won't affect your score.
Our recommendation: should you work with myFICO to monitor your credit?
myFICO offers accurate credit reporting from all three bureaus. And while they also offer ID protection, monthly membership is expensive. With companies like IdentityIQ, you get better protection and monitoring at a lower price.
Why you get more with IdentityIQ (over myFICO)
IdentityIQ is a great alternative to myFICO. They offer accurate credit reporting from all three bureaus as well as comprehensive identity protection including:
- $1 million in stolen funds reimbursement
- Coverage for personal expense compensation
- Dark web monitoring
- US-based ID restoration services
They even provide you with a credit score simulator to help you create a plan for improving your credit score.
What credit monitoring does & doesn't do for you
First, let's start with what credit monitoring does do for you. Every company (& monitoring plan) has different aspects that they track. In general, monitored items include several principal areas such as:
- (Hard) Inquiries
- New accounts opened
- Current balances
- Payment history
This watchdog is a powerful tool — but there are limitations. It functions like an alarm. It alerts you to an issue, but handling the problem is up to you. Dealing with inaccurate (or incorrectly reported) items in these areas is an entirely new problem that monitoring alone can't solve. This is where credit repair, either on your own or with an experienced expert, saves the day.
Credit monitoring + credit repair: A holistic approach to your credit
Credit monitoring is only half the equation for healthy credit. The other half? Credit repair. Credit monitoring alerts you to errors — but doesn't fix them. Removing the errors (& boosting your score) is a job for credit repair.
You could take on a notoriously convoluted credit industry and repair on your own (good luck w/ that). The better way? Partner with a reputable credit repair company (like Credit Glory). Credit Glory has the experience to fix errors in all areas monitored by credit monitoring companies.
Why Credit Glory + IdentityIQ = your best credit score
- Identify (& fix) errors quicker - Combining credit repair & monitoring, puts you in the driver's seat. You're equipped to handle any credit issues that come your way.
- Boost your financial confidence - An expert team — ready to pounce on any credit issues — gives you the confidence to reach your financial goals. You can apply for the loans you deserve (w/o worrying about credit surprises).
- Take control of your finances - Monitoring your credit and hiring a company to correct mistakes is the smart move. It puts you in control of your credit (& future). Nothing says you're serious about your goals like taking charge of your finances.
Boost your score with Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals are here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2020 and beyond.