The original creditor and collection agency reporting on your credit report is normal (and legal):
- Your account becomes significantly past due
- Original creditor writes off your debt as a loss
- Original creditor sells your debt to a collector
- Original creditor updates the status of your account as a charge-off with a zero balance
- Collector reports the debt to your report as a collection account with the original debt amount
Get Your Collections Removed Professionally
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (866-529-4304) or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.