Finding out if you have an account in collections is simple:
- Get your 3-bureau credit report (we recommend IdentityIQ)
- Open your credit report and scroll to the ���Summary��� section
- Count how many accounts are in the ���Derogatory��� and ���Collections��� categories
- (Remember that 1 account will report as 3 separate accounts across TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian)
- Add these two categories together to know what you���re up against.
While Derogatory accounts are not necessarily in collections (such as a 180 day late or charge-off), they affect your credit score exactly the same, damaging your score for 7 years.
Get Your Collections Removed Professionally
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (800-807-4388) or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that helps everyday Americans remove inaccurate, incomplete, unverifiable, unauthorized, or fraudulent negative items from their credit report. Their primary goal is empowering consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2020 and beyond.