Worried about being unable to pay debt collectors? Luckily, these 4 tips give you options for what to do. Your easiest option? Working w/Credit Glory. They help identify & remove errors (FAST).
Dealing w/debt collectors
Being in debt is stressful — and falling behind on your payments makes it worse. Ignoring debt collectors means you can face wage garnishment — or even end up in court! So what do you do if you don't have money to pay them? Fortunately, you have options & these 4 tips help you deal with debt collectors when you can't pay.
4 things you can do when you can't pay debt collectors
Debt collectors can be aggressive, but don't let them pressure you. If collection agencies are contacting you, try one of these tips.
- Don't pay right away - Nobody wants to be in debt — and debt collectors know this. They often prey on this and create a sense of urgency for you to pay. Any payment you make acknowledges the debt as yours, so make sure to get information on the debt first.
- Know your rights - The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) prevents debt collectors from harassing you. Not only that, but you also have the right to challenge debts. If you challenge a debt w/in the first 30 days of contact, collectors can't ask for payments until settled.
- Have the debt verified - Debt records aren't always accurate — and you don't want to be stuck with a debt that isn't yours. Having the debt verified is important. Not only does the collection agency have to provide proof it's yours, but if they don't, you can dispute it.
- Dispute the debt - If there's no evidence proving the debt is yours, you can dispute it. Sending a dispute letter to credit bureaus with evidence for your claim to get it removed. A faster (& easier) alternative is having a credit repair company (like Credit Glory) dispute it for you.
Bottom line (& next steps)
Dealing with a debt you can't pay is stressful — but it doesn't have to be. No matter where you are in the process, you have options available. These tips help you take back control of your finances (& protect your credit).
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs DIY?
Removing inaccurate collections (& other errors) helps improve your credit (& boost your score). DIY credit repair is a headache. Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing inaccurate collections (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 90-day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Boost your score with Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!