Medical debt can be sent to collection agencies w/o notifying you first. That's bad news for your credit. Not only do they tank your score but they stay on for 7 years! Fortunately, you can dispute inaccurate collections (& boost your score). While DIY credit repair is an option, it's easier w/help from a pro like Credit Glory.
How medical collections affect your credit (& for how long)
Medical collections still hurt your credit. However, they work a little differently than normal debt. Because they assume you know what you owe after insurance, medical debt can go to collections w/o your knowledge. This is bad news for your credit score.
When your medical debt is sold to a debt collector, it shows up as a "collection" on your credit report. Collections tank your score by as much as 100 points. The worst part? They stay on for up to 7 years! Having poor credit makes qualifying for new loans & lines of credit challenging. So what can you do?
Can you remove collections from your credit report?
While you can't dispute verified debts, you can dispute errors on your report. Finding inaccuracies can be tricky, so what do you look for? Common areas to check for errors include:
- Personal information
- Inaccuracies w/account status
- Fraudulent accounts
- Balance errors
- Data mistakes
Finding these errors is tricky (& time-consuming). Working with a credit repair expert (like Credit Glory) speeds up & simplifies the process.
What can you do to remove collections (& what is the easiest way)?
Inaccurate collections hurt your credit — luckily, you have options. Weighing your options before you start is essential to find the easiest way to remove errors.
- Negotiate a pay for delete agreement - In some cases, negotiating a pay for delete agreement may get the debt removed from your credit report. Be careful, though. This approach isn't guaranteed — and falls in an ethical gray area.
- Request validation (& DIY credit repair) - You have the right to dispute inaccuracies on your credit report. If the negative item can't be validated, your next step is to dispute it. Unfortunately, DIY credit repair can be a headache (& it's time-consuming).
- Partner w/a credit repair pro - Looking for errors & disputing a collection yourself is stressful. Improving your credit with professional help is less of a hassle than DIY. Credit repair experts (like Credit Glory) know what to look for, making the dispute process easier.
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs DIY?
Removing inaccurate collections (& other errors) helps improve your credit (& boost your score). DIY credit repair is a headache. Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing inaccurate collections (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 100% money-back guarantee (if no errors are removed in the first 90 days)
Dispute errors & start improving your credit w/help from Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!