Getting contacted by debt collectors is stressful. It's even worse when the collection agency never sent you written notice. Luckily, there are steps you can take, & if the debt is inaccurate, you can dispute it. While you can dispute inaccuracies yourself, it's easier w/help from a pro like Credit Glory.
Can debts be sent to collection w/o notice?
Believe it or not it can happen. In fact, some creditors can legally send you to collections w/o sending you a notice. If that happens you may be in for a nasty surprise the next time you apply for a loan or line of credit.
That's because collections damage your credit score — big time. If you aren't monitoring your credit, an unexpected collection can drop your score by as much as 100 points. They also stay on for 7 years. Not good!
What you can do if you find a collection on your report
Luckily, if you discover a previously unknown collection on your credit report there are steps you can take. While you can't dispute accurate debts, you can dispute (& remove) inaccuracies. To determine whether a debt is valid you can:
- Check the accuracy of the collection - One of the most important things to do is make sure the collection is accurate. Things to check include personal info, account statuses, & balance errors.
- Ask for a written notice of the debt - Under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act debt collectors are required to provide written notice of debts. If the debt collector doesn't provide one, it's a sign you're likely dealing with a scammer.
- Verify the debt - Debt records aren't always accurate — and you don't want to be stuck with a debt that isn't yours. If the debt collection agency can't prove it's your debt, you can dispute it.
- Dispute the debt - If there's no evidence proving the debt is yours, you can dispute it. A faster (& easier) alternative is having a credit repair company (like Credit Glory) dispute it for you.
Why disputing inaccurate collections is important
Inaccurate collections on your credit report have serious consequences. That's why it's crucial to dispute & remove them. A strong credit score opens the door to things like:
- Better options for mortgages, personal, & auto loans
- Qualifying for lower (& better) interest rates
- Faster approval on loans (great for financial emergencies)
While you can identify and dispute errors yourself, it's challenging (& time-consuming). Credit repair pros (like Credit Glory) make finding and disputing errors fast (& easy).
Bottom line (& why it matters for you)
While you can check your credit, look for errors, and dispute them yourself, it takes time (& hard work). Looking for an easier alternative (that's less hassle)? Consider working with a credit repair expert — like Credit Glory. They do the work for you, so you don't have to.
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs. DIY?
Removing inaccurate collections (& other errors) helps improve your credit (& boost your score). DIY credit repair is a headache. Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing inaccurate collections (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 100% money-back guarantee (if no errors are removed in the first 90 days).
Dispute inaccurate collections w/help from Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!