Filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy isn't easy — & takes 4-6 months. On top of that bankruptcies seriously hurt your credit. Luckily there are steps to take to fix your credit. Repairing your credit (& boosting your score) is even easier when you team up w/Credit Glory.
How long does it take to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
Dealing with liens or a judgment? If you're deep in debt, you might be facing Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Filing for bankruptcy is stressful — and Chapter 7 takes 4-6 months to process. It's not easy. You have to:
- File the proper paperwork
- Attend a 341 meeting of creditors hearing
- Complete a financial management course
- Wait for your discharge
How does Chapter 7 affect your credit score?
Bankruptcy does serious damage to your credit score. Often it drops as much as 200 points — and stays on for 10 years! This has a long-lasting impact on your financial health. Poor credit makes qualifying for loans & lines of credit hard. The ones you do qualify for likely come with high (& expensive) interest rates. Not good!
How to rebuild your credit after a Chapter 7
Having a bankruptcy on your credit report is tough. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to start fixing your credit (& boosting your score). You can start by:
- Verifying info on your credit report - You are entitled to a free copy of your credit report. Combing through it & verifying accurate information helps you identify errors and inaccuracies.
- Dispute inaccurate info - According to the Federal Trade Commission, 1 in 5 people have at least one error on their credit report. You have a right to dispute mistakes, which help boost your score.
- Regularly monitor your credit - Checking your credit is key for improving your financial health (& credit score). Not only does it allow you to track the progress you make — but it lets you know if errors show up.
Bottom line (& next steps)
While you can check your credit, look for errors, and dispute them yourself, it takes time (& hard work). Looking for an easier alternative? Consider working with a credit repair expert — like Credit Glory. They do the work for you, so you don't have to.
Boost your score with Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond. Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!
Get Your Bankruptcy Removed Professionally
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (833) 766-4803 or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that helps everyday Americans remove inaccurate, incomplete, unverifiable, unauthorized, or fraudulent negative items from their credit report. Their primary goal is empowering consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2020 and beyond.