Chapter 13 bankruptcies hurt your credit for a long time. They stay on for 7 years! Can you do anything to help your credit? You can if the bankruptcy is inaccurate. While you can dispute errors yourself, it's easier w/help from a pro like Credit Glory.
How long does Chapter 13 bankruptcy impact your credit
If you fall behind on your bills and can't afford to repay the debts, you could be facing bankruptcy. While a Chapter 13 bankruptcy isn't as bad as a Chapter 7, it still hurts your credit. It stays on your report for up to 7 years — and can tank your score by as much as 200 points! Not good.
Having a poor credit score costs you — big time. It makes qualifying for loans and lines of credit difficult, leaving you with limited options. The ones you do qualify for often come with high (& expensive) interest rates.
Can you remove a Chapter 13 bankruptcy early?
While you can't remove accurate bankruptcies from your credit report, you can dispute errors. How do you identify mistakes? Inaccuracies often show up on your credit report as:
- Discharged debts still showing a balance
- Inaccuracies w/account status
- Expired bankruptcies still showing up
Luckily, if you spot one of these errors, you have options.
How to rebuild your credit after a Chapter 13
Rebuilding your credit after a Chapter 13 bankruptcy is tough — but you have options. If you're trying to improve your credit (& boost your score), you can:
- Monitor your credit - Keeping an eye on your credit is an essential step in rebuilding it. It helps you track any progress you make and helps you quickly identify any errors and inaccuracies.
- Verify information - According to the FTC, 20% of the population has at least one error on their credit report. Inaccurate negative marks hurt your score. That's why it's essential to verify info on your report.
- Dispute inaccuracies - Once you have found errors, you can dispute them. This means gathering evidence, writing a dispute letter to all 3 credit bureaus, & waiting.
- Partner w/a credit repair expert - DIY credit repair is a hassle (& a headache). Finding and disputing mistakes is easier with help from an experienced credit repair company (like Credit Glory).
Bottom line (& next steps)
While you can check your credit, look for errors, and dispute them yourself, it takes time (& hard work). Looking for an easier alternative? Consider working with a credit repair expert — like Credit Glory. They do the work for you, so you don't have to.
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs DIY?
Removing inaccurate negative items helps improve your credit (& boost your score). DIY credit repair is a headache. Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing inaccurate collections (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 100% money-back guarantee (if no errors are removed in the first 90 days).
Start building your credit (& boosting your score) with Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!
Get Your Bankruptcy Removed Professionally
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (833) 766-4803 or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that helps everyday Americans remove inaccurate, incomplete, unverifiable, unauthorized, or fraudulent negative items from their credit report. Their primary goal is empowering consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2020 and beyond.