Having a bankruptcy discharged clears outstanding debt. If it's dismissed, you're still stuck paying creditors. The worst part? Both hurt your credit. Luckily, you can start rebuilding your credit by disputing errors on your credit report. The easiest way is teaming up w/a pro like Credit Glory.
How is a dismissed bankruptcy different than a discharge?
Bankruptcy can be an option for clearing debt you can't payback. However, that's only if the debt is discharged. When a court discharges a bankruptcy, it clears certain debts & prevents creditors from collecting on them.
Having a bankruptcy dismissed is a different story. A dismissal means your case is over w/o clearing your debts. That lets creditors continue to pursue debt collection. Not good!
What does it mean for your credit?
The 3 major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, & TransUnion) treat all bankruptcies the same. Whether your bankruptcy was discharged or dismissed, it damages your credit — big time. Bankruptcy can sink your credit score by as much as 200 points — & stay on for up to 10 years! Fortunately, you can start repairing your credit immediately.
Can you repair your credit after bankruptcy?
You can start repairing your credit right away after a bankruptcy. The easiest way is by identifying & disputing errors on your credit report. How do you identify mistakes? Common inaccuracies often show up as:
- Discharged debts still showing a balance
- Inaccuracies w/account status
- Expired bankruptcies still showing up
Luckily, if you spot one of these errors, you have options.
How to start rebuilding your credit after bankruptcy (& boost your score)
Rebuilding your credit after bankruptcy might seem challenging, but it's easier than you think. If you're not sure where to start, here's what you can do.
- Monitor your credit - Keeping an eye on your credit is an essential step in rebuilding it. It helps you track any progress you make as well as helps you quickly identify any errors and inaccuracies.
- Verify information - According to the FTC, 20% of the population has at least one error on their credit report. Inaccurate negative marks hurt your score. That's why it's important to verify the info on your report.
- Check your credit report for errors - Before you can dispute an error, you have to find it first. You can find common errors in personal info, account status, and balance & data mistakes.
- Dispute inaccuracies - Once you have found errors, you can dispute them. This means gathering evidence, writing a dispute letter to all 3 credit bureaus, & waiting.
Why repair your credit w/Credit Glory vs DIY?
Removing inaccurate negative items helps improve your credit (& boost your score). DIY credit repair is a headache. Partnering w/Credit Glory is often a simpler alternative. Why?
- Easier - Making a mistake disputing DIY costs you. Credit Glory helps you build a strong case for disputing inaccurate collections (& boosting your score).
- Saves you money - An unsuccessful dispute leaves you stuck with debt (& poor credit). Credit Glory helps you boost your score — which means saving money on loans (& interest rates).
- Top-class customer support - Credit Glory has best-in-class customer service to answer questions and keep you updated. Credit Glory even offers an industry-leading 100% money-back guarantee (if no errors are removed in the first 90 days).
Rebuild your credit (& boost your score) after bankruptcy w/help from Credit Glory
Disputing negative items on your credit report is hard work! It takes a lot of time, effort, organization, and follow up. The good news? Our team of credit repair professionals is here to simplify everything! Let your dedicated credit repair expert relieve you of the stress, hassle, and time needed to fight your inaccuracies and boost your credit score (FAST!)
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that empowers consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2021 and beyond.
Call us at (855) 938-3044 or set up a consultation to get started, today!
Get Your Bankruptcy Removed Professionally
In some cases, we recommend speaking with a Credit Repair professional to analyze your credit report. It's so much less stress, hassle, and time to let professionals identify the reasons for your score drop.
If you're looking for a reputable company to increase your credit score, we recommend Credit Glory. Call them on (833) 766-4803 or setup a consultation with them. They also happen to have incredible customer service.
Credit Glory is a credit repair company that helps everyday Americans remove inaccurate, incomplete, unverifiable, unauthorized, or fraudulent negative items from their credit report. Their primary goal is empowering consumers with the opportunity and knowledge to reach their financial dreams in 2020 and beyond.